Cosmetic dentistry has the potential to enhance your appearance, improve your health, and change your life. You’ll be amazed what a smile can do. At The Art of the Dentistry, we can correct almost any cosmetic dental issue, including:
- Missing teeth
- Chipped, worn, or broken teeth
- Stained, discolored teeth
- Crooked, overlapped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Unsightly metal or large fillings
- And so much more
Six Month Smiles
We are committed to providing our patients with exceptional orthodontic and cosmetic dental treatment that suits their unique lifestyles. That’s why our Columbia, TN practice offers Six Month Smiles, a revolutionary orthodontic treatment method that allows you to straighten your teeth and restore your smile in a shorter period of time than traditional orthodontic braces. Even better, the Six Month Smiles system is aesthetically superior as well, giving patients the freedom to smile with comfort and confidence while undergoing treatment.
Perks of Six Month Smiles include:
- Customized, tooth-colored wires and clear brackets that are virtually invisible
- An average treatment time of only six months (versus regular braces of 2 years)
- Straighter teeth are healthier teeth, and improved alignment has been shown to drastically reduce a patient’s risk of developing periodontal disease.
- Symmetrical, balanced smiles and straight teeth tend to feel happier and more confident in general.
Over time, our teeth naturally become stained or discolored and yellowed teeth can age your appearance, making you look older than you really are. But thanks to teeth whitening treatments, you don’t have to live with a dingy smile. At our Columbia, TN dental practice, we offer multiple options to meet each of our patient’s needs.
- ZOOM!® Teeth Whitening Services: A teeth whitening system for patients seeking the ultimate in effective, comfortable treatments. ZOOM! is a state-of-the-art in-office whitening system that dramatically whitens your teeth in one short visit. ZOOM! is the perfect teeth whitening choice for a busy individual, and can brighten your smile in about an hour.
- At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits: If you wish to whiten your teeth in the privacy of your home, we also offer a take-home bleaching system. The process for at-home teeth whitening is simple! First, we make custom-fit trays that perfectly fit your teeth and then we give you a prescription-level whitening gel. When you’re ready to whiten your teeth, put the whitening gel into the trays, pop them over your teeth, and wear for about 15 to 20 minutes a day. You’ll notice a whiter smile in about 14-days.
We have a variety of orthodontic options to provide with you a more beautiful smile. We can build you a new smile and fix bite, chewing, and jaw alignment issues with traditional braces. If you want a short-term cosmetic straightening solution, we also offer Invisalign clear braces. Orthodontic care provides a variety of health benefits including:
- Improved health of teeth, gums, and bone
- Improved chewing function
- Reduced bite related jaw joint dysfunction (TMJ/TMD)
- Increased longevity of teeth
- Reduced enamel wear from an unbalanced bite
- Improved smile and facial esthetics
- Enhanced self-esteem
At The Art of Dentistry, we offer Invisalign® clear braces for teens and adults seeking to improve their smile. We will first assess your teeth and then work closely with you to create a customized series of aligners to gently and comfortably straighten your teeth.
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth gradually move into optimal alignment, benefiting the beauty and health of your smile.
Invisalign clear braces benefit our Columbia orthodontic patients in several ways:
- Eat whatever—and whenever—you want. Remove your aligners to enjoy your favorite meals and snacks.
- Experience comfort, adjustment-free orthodontics. Invisalign aligners are made from clear, easy-to-wear plastic, so they don’t irritate your gums or require tightening.
- Smile without feeling self-conscious. Since Invisalign aligners are made from clear plastic, most people won’t even notice you’re wearing “braces”
- Clean with ease at your convenience. A regular toothbrush and lukewarm water is all it takes to clean your aligners.
A beautiful smile helps you enjoy a stronger sense of self-confidence. But unfortunately, not all of us have naturally dazzling smiles. That’s why Dr. Fann offers porcelain veneers and Lumineers; two of today’s most popular cosmetic dentistry services. With porcelain veneers and Lumineers, patients from Columbia and beyond can transform the appearance of their teeth, hiding common flaws like teeth stains, cracks, chips, misalignment, and more.
How Do Porcelain Veneers Work?
Porcelain veneers and Lumineers are made from very thin pieces of porcelain, allowing them to be affixed to the front of front teeth. Because porcelain reflects light the way natural enamel does, and veneers can be custom shaded and shaped, the results will blend in with surrounding teeth and look natural.
For both treatments, it will take at least two visits. During your first visit, Dr. Fann will complete an oral exam, talk to you about the changes you’d like to make to your teeth, and plan out your final results. We’ll then send that information to a lab, where experienced lab technicians will carefully fabricate your veneers. When your veneers are ready, you’ll come back to our Columbia office to have them put in place.
Chao Pinhole (Periodontal)
We are now proud to offer the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST®). It is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for treating gum recession and is performed by making a small hole with a needle in the gum tissue. Using specially designed instruments, the gum tissue is loosened and guided over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no incision or suturing, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding).